Thursday, March 29, 2012

Now I know my ABCs

Next up: the alphabet!

"ABCDEath" - Psychostick
I'm linking instead of embedding this one because there are a few f-bombs dropped in there. It's a death metal version of the alphabet song. & that's pretty much all there is to say.

"Alphabutt" - Kimya Dawson

This song capitalizes on kids' love of potty humor - butts, fart jokes, etc. I like the stop-motion animation in this particular video.

"A, You're Adorable" - Perry Como

Warning: This song is so cutesy it's sickening. It's about a boy telling a girl how much he likes her using the alphabet: "A, you're adorable...B, you're so beautiful...C, you're a cutie full of charms...."

"The ABC's of Love" - Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers

This is a little like "A, you're adorable," but it's better since it reminds me of when I used to go to classic car shows all the time in summer with my parents. This is the sort of music they played at the shows, so I have a soft spot for it. Plus, it just sounds good!

"AEIOU Sometimes Y" - EBN OZN

I'm not going to lie: this song was so bad I couldn't listen to the whole thing. But the title is the connection to the alphabet.

"ABC" - The Jackson 5

These last few songs will be good to make up for that crappy one. Anyway, I like this song too. So catchy! Most people know this song, but here are some relevant lyrics: "ABC, easy as 123..."

"Alphabet of Nations" - They Might Be Giants


Another fun song! They Might Be Giants has done several albums for kids, and this is off of "Here Come the ABCs." It's cool because it mentions so many different countries. Best line: "West Xylophone, Zimbabwe!"

To end this post, it's not a song exactly, but a Sesame Street clip that includes some singing with a song at the end. It's a spoof of "Glee," which I love because I love "Glee!" Anyway, here it is:


That's all for the alphabet. Not too many posts left, though there may be multiple Harry Potter-related posts coming up because there are too many good spoofs as well as wizard rock songs.

1 comment:

  1. Did we listen to Frankie Lymon in class? I love him so much! That song was also in American Hot Wax, a movie about Alan Freed (the radio DJ from Cleveland who was one of the first to play rock and roll records on the radio...his ashes are at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). The movie also features a romance between Jay Leno and Fran Drescher--I wish I was making that up.

    ReplyDelete